Your browser is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.
Careers fairs are a great place to find out about different industries and businesses. The Jersey Skills Show provides an inclusive, informal and engaging environment for attendees who are leaving school, changing career path or reentering the workplace. With a variety of industries and companies taking part in this year’s Jersey Skills Show, you will find a range of possibilities and career opportunities in Jersey.
This event aims to bring skills to life and gives attendees the chance to learn about education, training and careers in an engaging and inspiring way. The Skills Show is free to attend (it is open to students and open to the general public). The Jersey Skills Show gives attendees the opportunity to speak to employers about working within the industry, have a go at different skills to discover their talents and be inspired by the skills of those already trained within the industry. There will be plenty of people on hand to answer questions at each of the stands. Some exhibitions will even have recent recruits who can go in to detail about their career journey and share some pointers.
The great thing about The Jersey Skills Show, is that you can find out about companies and jobs that you may never have even considered before, so don't close your mind to new opportunities. If you are unsure of your next career step or are nervous about applying for work, Skills Jersey will be on hand to give impartial advice and guidance about how to create an impactful CV and give some direction on job applications, interview techniques and recruitment processes.
The Jersey Skills Show is a fantastic opportunity for parents and teachers to provide guidance to school and university leavers who may be wondering about their first steps into work. This year, there is as much emphasis on adults who are changing career or who may not have been in work for some time; whatever your current situation in respect to work, The Jersey Skills Show has something for everyone.
Looking to find a new career path, or reenter the workplace... Your future starts now.
It is the norm, if not encouraged, to follow your career dreams and utilise your skills; the skills you enjoy and are inspired by. It is with this in mind, that we aim to appeal to adults who are in the midst of change in regard to work, or are re entering the workplace following time off.
- Have a look over the guide of industries and businesses exhibiting to get a feel for what to expect.
- Check out websites and online information about the businesses that interest you.
- Prepare some questions for the exhibitors you plan on visiting.
- Try not to be shy... The Jersey Skills Show is a good chance to practice your networking skills and make a good impression with potential employers.
- Be smart. Don't worry about wearing formal or business clothes, but try to look smart and presentable; you could find your dream job and perfect employer and as they say, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.
- Keep an open mind and after the show, absorb the information you’ve gathered and remember to follow up on any potential employment leads. It’s a wise idea to bring a notepad and pen.