HCS aims to enable Islanders to live longer, healthier and productive lives. We provide safe, sustainable, affordable and integrated services in partnership with others.
A wide array of services are provided:
- providing hospital care including emergency care, intensive care, maternity services and in the UK when needed
- providing social care services and services in the community
- monitoring and improvement of the quality of all services
- educating and developing of medical professionals
- provision of a coordinated approach to mental health care
- offering free, private and confidential counselling services
- influencing and creating conditions that allow people to improve their health
You can find resources below that are useful for all students applying for a career in Health and Social Care. The NHS careers site offers a comprehensive overview of all careers with insightful video links with health and social care professionals or practitioners.