Jersey is a fantastic teaching hospital that offers excellent broad based teaching that students and trainee doctors find invaluable. At our last Foundation School Visit, our feedback was that we were the top hospital in the Wessex region.
We are proud of this and view this as a result of a combination of factors:
- We offer you great broad training and exposure appropriate to your stage of your career
- Our trainee numbers are relatively small so you get more opportunity to get involved and make a difference.
- You can learn in a safe, supportive environment • We have excellent teaching sessions
- We care about you. You are not just a training number to us!
If you go to Southampton Medical School, you have the option of completing:
- Year 4 Child Health & Obstetrics & Gynaecology placements (4 weeks each)
- Year 5 Medicine, GP, Surgery and SSU placements (up to 5 months)
If you choose to apply to work in the Wessex Deanery after you have graduated you have the option of completing: